This is the personal blog of a married LDS (Mormon) woman. I am 33 years old and will be keeping this blog up to date with my crafting hobbies, day-to-day experiences, my religion, friends, and family.
Letter X: Xanadu
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
This movie/musical was the cheesiest thing I ever saw growing up, and I loved it. Some movies are so bad they are almost good--and this about qualified. So enjoy a song from it.
I did something crazy today. I blame one of my favorite webcomics for it, actually, specifically, this page of it: The webcomic is Manly Guys Doing Manly Things and is one of the funniest comics I've ever read. It spoofs the most masculine characters in video/computer games and popular culture and is very cleverly written/drawn. And I admit, I adore buff guys. It's all Rosslyn's fault for introducing me to it, but I don't mind. Rosslyn read this page over my shoulder Monday evening and echoed the little girl, saying, "Why not?" In doing so she and the Commander's daughter unwittingly named the project: Manly Muffin Why-nots. Disclaimer: Please forgive the following photos; they were taken in a dimly lit kitchen at night with an uncooperative camera. Also, please forgive the excessive recipe cheats. I am a poor college student on a very limited budget. Now, I got a small pack of frozen strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries (blueberries weren...
Last fall, Spousal Unit and I went to New Hampshire for a much needed vacation. My friend Anki, who lives out there, became our guide, and suggested that we go to see The Flume , a local geographical feature. I was unprepared. This place is stunning! And, because we went in the fall... COLOR! I'm posting the following pictures of the Flume itself, which hadn't quite been hit with the same fall brilliance as the rest of the forest around it--it was very very green. At a later date, I will post pictures of the hike up and the hike down (the hike runs in a loop, so you see different things) and link everything back here. Anki and the Spousal Unit! I had to admire the trees in this place. Their reckless disregard for things like boulders and rocks being in their way never failed to impress me. The shot above is perhaps the best at showing what the Flume is--a gorge carved out of rock by water over who knows how long. Above th...
I borrowed Rosslyn's sewing machine for the weekend, intending on buckling down and making a dent into my fabric stash and churning out some nice new pieces. However, my brain was eaten along the last day or two by this blog: Elegant Musings . I love vintage clothing, specifically from the forties and fifties and she makes them so lovely! And then I came across this tutorial . Ideas for new clothes flew out of my head. I have few clothes left from my purge at the beginning of the year, but there are a couple items that could use some work... My mom gave me this purple sweater about half a year ago and it didn't fit her and it didn't even really fit me, as you can see. It was a bit of a tent, the sleeves were too long, and whenever I wore it I spent the whole day adjusting the collar to keep it from showing my underthings and/or too much cleavage. Don't get me wrong; I like my bust line. But I don't need to be showing it in such detail to everyone else! The penci...
Comments
Hang in there, the challenge is almost over!
betty