Letter E: Equilibrium

Sometimes I feel that I wander about in a strange state of imbalance. There are the things I know to be right and true, the works I do both good and bad, the information I take in, my emotions, and then there are the thoughts I have. These all tend to tip the balances of the scales in my mind about who I am, and often stand in direct opposition to the desires of my heart. If I do A, then I cannot believe B. But I do believe B, even though I do A. Ughhh...

Noticing logical fallacies between my actions and my thoughts/words/beliefs serves a good purpose--they help me pinpoint where I am potentially or definitely being hypocritical and where I am stunting my own growth as a person and child of God. But I also can find myself in a logic trap, where I just cycle around and around the drain and eventually cause myself only frustration and pain. This is the point where you either change what you believe in or change what you do to reflect your belief. Shake off the hypocrisy. I often make the same decision: I cannot change what I know to be right, so I must change my actions. I must balance the competing influences in my life to bring about Equilibrium.

Comments

Stephen Tremp said…
Life's about finding that balance. It's not as hard as some people think. Living light and not cluttered sure helps.
adarhysenthe said…
At least once a year, I do what I call a "purge." I pull out everything in my wardrobe and take out all the clothing with holes and stains out and throw them away. Then I look over the rest to see if there is anything I don't wear and donate it. I then go through the rest of the house this way. It really helps reduce clutter and lifts the burden of material possessions. I'm getting ready for such a purge in the next month or so.
Unknown said…
Good for you! Taking a hard look at one's self if a difficult thing to do. I've been trying to be better about this also, simply so I can be a better person overall. And like adarhysenthe said, I too am trying to purge the unnecessary material possessions in order to help quiet the mind and soul.
adarhysenthe said…
Heh, sometimes we get caught up in things and events and give ourselves no time to breathe. It's good to look at ourselves objectively, once in awhile.

Popular posts from this blog

Manly Muffin Why-nots

Facial Cyst--OW

2017 in Review!