New Year's Resolutions

So, I was looking over my list of goals for the year that I made in January 2011, in preparation for choosing new ones. It looks more like this now:

1. Move to the frozen north.
-Check.
2. Get a job.
-Check.
3. Get into school and work on degree.
-Check
4. File taxes.
-Check.
5. Pay bills on time.
-Check.
6. Pay off debts.
-Currently focusing on car loan, then one of my school loans not in deferment so I can get my transcripts and knock some money and months off getting my degree. After that, I will look at my last big bill and see what I can do about it. One at a time is all I've discovered I'm able to do.
7. Move to better housing.
-Check.


So, for the most part...I've done really well! After much reflection, here are my new goals this year:


1. Continue to work on paying off debts. The strict Pay off Debts goal last year was a teensy unrealistic for a one year goal.
*Get car loan moved to credit union by the end of January.
*Create budget that allows a small savings and debt reduction plan by the end of This Week.
2. Get healthier: cleaning up my diet and exercising. My sedentary job has ruined the progress I made at the beginning of last year.
3. Take a self-defense and/or dance class (several is good).
*Have first class lined up by the end of February.
4. Keep my grades at their current 4.0 level. Stay on the Dean's list.
5. Work on getting scholarships once a week by March.
6. Go to the temple more often: currently striving for twice a month.
7. Be more social.
*Get out more and do activities with my ward and friends more often.


I learned a lot doing this. This past year was the first time I had made realistic goals and kept them all. So I am going to continue to do so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manly Muffin Why-nots

Facial Cyst--OW

2017 in Review!