Letter F: The Flume

Last fall, Spousal Unit and I went to New Hampshire for a much needed vacation. My friend Anki, who lives out there, became our guide, and suggested that we go to see The Flume, a local geographical feature. I was unprepared. This place is stunning! And, because we went in the fall... COLOR! I'm posting the following pictures of the Flume itself, which hadn't quite been hit with the same fall brilliance as the rest of the forest around it--it was very very green. At a later date, I will post pictures of the hike up and the hike down (the hike runs in a loop, so you see different things) and link everything back here.


Anki and the Spousal Unit!




I had to admire the trees in this place. Their reckless disregard for things like boulders and rocks being in their way never failed to impress me.







The shot above is perhaps the best at showing what the Flume is--a gorge carved out of rock by water over who knows how long.




Above the Flume, there is a small gap in the trees.






Another tree that bites it's thumb at gravity, stones, and other people's expectations. I wanted to be like this tree.

Comments

Shadrach Anki said…
I loved being able to take the two of you up to the Flume. It really is an amazing bit of New England.
Doree said…
I tried leaving a comment a minute ago, but I had to go through all these steps, and I didn't like it. Then it didn't work anyway. If you're not getting comments, maybe you need to turn down your security features. To sum up, I said that I like your pictures, that I've always wanted to visit New England in the fall, and that I was stopping by from Blogging A to Z.
Stephen Tremp said…
Very cool. I grew up in a place that had similar features called The Ledges.
S. L. Hennessy said…
Wow, that looks absolutely stunning. I want to visit there.

Good luck with the 2015 A to Z Challenge!
A to Z Co-Host S. L. Hennessy
http://pensuasion.blogspot.com
Sylvia Ney said…
Very pretty! New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge, and I look forward to visiting again!

Sylvia
www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com
adarhysenthe said…
Welcome to everyone!

Anki, we loved visiting it with you! It was truly unique!

Doree, I checked my blog security features and it seems it only had certain kinds of users toggled; which is weird and now fixed--thanks for the heads up! I have been getting many lovely comments despite that, thank goodness.

And thank you all for the sweet comments, I really appreciate it!

Popular posts from this blog

Manly Muffin Why-nots

2017 in Review!

Facial Cyst--OW