This is the personal blog of a married LDS (Mormon) woman. I am 33 years old and will be keeping this blog up to date with my crafting hobbies, day-to-day experiences, my religion, friends, and family.
Quail!
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Our yard has a family of quail with seven chicks and I just can't get enough of them, so I'm sharing some of the photos I got with all of you!
I did something crazy today. I blame one of my favorite webcomics for it, actually, specifically, this page of it: The webcomic is Manly Guys Doing Manly Things and is one of the funniest comics I've ever read. It spoofs the most masculine characters in video/computer games and popular culture and is very cleverly written/drawn. And I admit, I adore buff guys. It's all Rosslyn's fault for introducing me to it, but I don't mind. Rosslyn read this page over my shoulder Monday evening and echoed the little girl, saying, "Why not?" In doing so she and the Commander's daughter unwittingly named the project: Manly Muffin Why-nots. Disclaimer: Please forgive the following photos; they were taken in a dimly lit kitchen at night with an uncooperative camera. Also, please forgive the excessive recipe cheats. I am a poor college student on a very limited budget. Now, I got a small pack of frozen strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries (blueberries weren...
Last fall, Spousal Unit and I went to New Hampshire for a much needed vacation. My friend Anki, who lives out there, became our guide, and suggested that we go to see The Flume , a local geographical feature. I was unprepared. This place is stunning! And, because we went in the fall... COLOR! I'm posting the following pictures of the Flume itself, which hadn't quite been hit with the same fall brilliance as the rest of the forest around it--it was very very green. At a later date, I will post pictures of the hike up and the hike down (the hike runs in a loop, so you see different things) and link everything back here. Anki and the Spousal Unit! I had to admire the trees in this place. Their reckless disregard for things like boulders and rocks being in their way never failed to impress me. The shot above is perhaps the best at showing what the Flume is--a gorge carved out of rock by water over who knows how long. Above th...
Bad things are said to come in threes. After my stint in the hospital, I went back to work on Monday. Rosslyn drove me that day and the next, just in case my cramps reoccurred. When they didn't, I went out to my car in the morning on Wednesday to drive myself, happy to be back in the swing of things. My car wouldn't start. Yep. The battery was dead. It wasn't until today (Monday) that I got it fixed through the good graces of my wonderful bishop and a couple of the young men in the Elder's Quorum of my ward. Considering we had a storm all day, with uprooted trees and torrents of rain going on this whole time, they are pretty much golden in my book. They were given hot cocoa, of course. It was the least I could do, since they weren't able to stay and enjoy the warmth of the house and a good movie. Darn weather. We were going to go caroling and I was going to run the choir. Without a ride, the latter wasn't going to happen and caroling is right out. Ah well,...
Comments