Christmas Eve

Merry Christmas, my loves. Now is the time to celebrate Christ's birth and the light He brought back to the world.




It is a beautiful California morning. The sun is shining, the sky is clear, and while it's cool, it's beginning to warm up. I missed my sunshine Christmas-es. So far today, I have showered and dressed, eaten breakfast, fed the cat and dog, and stolen the ethernet cable so I can use my laptop and post this (don't worry, I'll give it back). Being at home with my mom and siblings made it feel like Christmas, and my dad called me this morning. That really made my day. For those wondering, Mama Kitty is a chubby purrbox, and Hershey is a very old dog but seems to be content.

This is the time I reflect back and see what kind of person I was this past year. So far, from what I can tell, I've made some serious, positive changes. I moved to the Frozen North (mwahahaha, I escaped it for Christmas), I got an excellent job, and I've started school at a university that really seems to get me and how my brain works. I'm on the Dean's List, I've gotten a raise in October, and I've made more friends, and reconnected with old ones.

..I'm really, truly happy.

The parts that have been missing I have right now, mostly. I love my friends and family and I've never felt more joy at being with them. Yesterday, my mother went through the temple and received her endowment. My Grandma Sugars and I were with her the whole way. I cannot describe how that felt, sharing that particular joy with someone I love so dearly. My Lord and God love each and every one of us so much, and now my mother gets to see more of what has inspired my life these past two years to get moving. Things are improving for everyone I love. It is hard, and painful, but the more we grow, the more we become the people we want to be.

If you've been wondering how on earth you can improve your lot and be the person you've always wanted to become, don't wait. Don't procrastinate. Go to church, go back to school, go out and make new friends. It's hard to trust and to put yourself out there, but it's the only way. Shoot for it. I'll be there cheering you on and catching you in case you fall, so together we can get you back up on the path to be the Real You. If you need to walk apart from me, that's good too. I will wait and still cheer you on. Just don't hold back because of fear. Rule your life, don't let yourself be ruled by anyone other than The Most High. He knows better than we do, and has set the guidelines we need to be full of Joy.

Hallelujah.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manly Muffin Why-nots

2017 in Review!

Facial Cyst--OW