Time for an update!

I had received my call from work as promised on Friday. They asked me if I could start on Monday and I said YES! I went up and spent Friday and Saturday with my family, having missed my sister's big 21st birthday, and will now be missing the b-day barbecue this coming Saturday. I got to spend some time with her and we spent a lot of time talking and colluding and helping each other with some issues we remembered growing up; just working things out between us and bonding. We went to get our hair cut on Saturday and I, who've not had bangs since high school, got my hair layered (it's so light now; I can turn my head freely!) and bangs cut. I feel the bangs are a bit too long though, so I'm going to have a friend trim them a bit soon.

I started work on Monday and found the work relatively simple but very detail oriented and meticulous (things that I like to do), and heavily based on memorizing which of nearly 300 people go with which slot. I think I can do it. Right now I'm mostly trying to learn names to go with faces, then numbers to go with names and faces. I'll get it eventually, just as I remembered which items went with which order number/barcode at my previous jobs.

However, I was having some trouble and becoming a bit frantic with some things. To get to work, once needs transportation and parking. Neither of which is free (even with working there, I still pay for parking. I'm considering train/bus/trolley options without much clear success), and having been out of work for some time, I have had absolutely nothing to put into my car. Friends helped me make it through the first three days, but last night I had no money, no gas, and two days off to whip myself into a frenzy. But this morning I was visited by an angel.

I will keep the giver completely secret, but suffice it to say I have what I need to get to work until my paycheck which won't come until next Friday. I am stunned, grateful, humble, and grateful more than ever for such wonderful people in my life. I only hope I can be of use to them when they are in need, and even if they aren't. I'm so full of love right now!

(Oh, I do not get benefits as a part time worker. I make one hour short a week of the requirement, as a deal with the hotel that allowed me to be hired. They didn't want to allow another worker, so my company talked them into at least a part time position for me. I think I'll be alright though, once I save up for some funding to go get myself checked out.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manly Muffin Why-nots

Facial Cyst--OW

2017 in Review!