Weasley Socks

Originally posted 7/1/12:

I finished my second pair of socks (the ones I mentioned I never swatched for), and they are also Harry Potter themed. The pattern is called "Weasley Homestead" and the pattern designer is Erica Lueder, the same author I got the Hermione Everyday Socks pattern from.


This yarn became the following socks.


Here is the first sock with the top, heel, heel turn, gusset already complete. I was much less meticulous in documenting these.


Trying it on just for fun. The fit was good, but I was making these for a friend, so the socks fitting me was not quite the point.


And here's the completed project. During just the gusset and heel turn, these socks managed to have a more consistent color area instead of the random striping the rest of the socks have. I had a great deal of fun watching the orange, brown, and magenta tiger stripes form there.


Overall, I am very proud of these, and the recipient tried them on instantly when I gave them to her. On me, the toe was a little tight. On her, they fit like a glove--er, well, sock. She has smaller sized feet than I, but a similar arch and foot shape, so it worked out great.

I've already begun a third pair, this one for me, and again I did not swatch. They are Tardis socks from Dr. Who, and I cannot wait to have them finished. They are a bit warm for the current weather, but they should do wonderfully in the frozen winters up here. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Was My Birthday!

Cleaning Out the Craft Room