Knitwear Pirates

Normally, I do things and post about them later, but I'm somewhat excited for this one. I was visiting one of my favorite blogs, Yarn Harlot, and the most recent post had an ending that caught my eye. This year's Sock Camp would have a t-shirt design contest, and the theme this year is pirates. I had a sudden vision in my head. Now, I can enter even if I am not going (and odds are good I won't have $1000 extra in April to go with), and still win, so I sketched out my plan.

So far, it matches my vision, but it's merely stick figure blocks and a vague hinted background. But the poses are working out, and I'm deciding on the diversity I want. Being a knitting event, one of the four figures will be an awesome older lady, then a young one, then a man, and I'm not sure on the fourth. Maybe a kid? That'd be cool. All of course decked in pirate/knit gear. I might simplify it though. It does need to go on a shirt.

But, I only have until March 10th to turn it in. Oh I hope I can finish and do this...

Edit: Well...I didn't finish it in time. I realized far too late that the one week I had to make this was a week where I worked three jobs, had class and finals, and a very important interview with a new job, and multiple meetings with counselors at my school. Time to draw? Nope. I'm going to finish the picture anyway, but in my own time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manly Muffin Why-nots

2017 in Review!

Facial Cyst--OW