My Personal Fudge Recipe

I have long adapted my quick fudge recipe from other recipes for a long time, but I never really considered writing down my adaptations until Douglas started really poking me about them. I usually skip the part where one adds 3 or so cups of sugar because I found that amount of sugar exorbitant and making the fudge far too sweet.

Now Douglas, he loves my fudge. Loves loves. He talks about how smooth it is, how it doesn't get hard, and how it's not too sweet. He begs me to make it about once a month. It's quite flattering, so I decided to pay attention to what I do and then write it down, so I might as well share it!



Quick Chocolate Fudge

Ingredients:

1/2 cup of butter (I use salted)
1/2 tsp salt
1-7 oz. tub of marshmallow whip
1-14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla extract

Cook time is about 15-20 minutes.

1. Melt the butter on low over the stove, ensure no water is in or on the pan from start to finish. Add the salt and stir.
2. Add the sweetened condensed milk and stir until mixed thoroughly and boiling gently.
3. Add the marshmallow whip and stir until mixed thoroughly.
4. Get mixture to a soft boil and then remove from heat. Add the chocolate chips immediately and stir vigorously until melted.
5. Add the vanilla extract and continue to stir vigorously until you reach the desired smooth texture. Add other ingredients if so desired, such as nuts or marshmallows.
6. Pour fudge into greased 9x13 pan and chill for about 2 hours before serving. I sometimes sprinkle edible gold stars on it for special occasions, as shown above.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manly Muffin Why-nots

2017 in Review!

Facial Cyst--OW