Baby Sweater

So, here we are for the first of the new crafting blog posts! Last year, my friend Josiah and his wife had a baby, so I was determined to make something for their boy. This is the first human-size sweater I have ever made, but I was happy to find that my skills learned making doll-size sweaters were a big help.


I made the sweater out of a good, washable cotton blend yarn (I would never make a new mom something for a baby that needed to be hand-washed--that's just cruel). You can find my project page for this sweater here.


It was a raglan style, top-down sweater knit flat, though I was using circulars.


Making the button band was interesting, as I did it as I went. I had to guess and place where I wanted the buttons way ahead of time to do it. Josiah and his wife are very tall people, so I was making a much bigger sweater than any newborn would normally expect.


The body of the sweater was the most tedious part, but that's normal. Rows and rows of stockinette...


But it's for a baby, so it ends eventually! Here's the completed sweater, minus the buttons sewn on.


The sweater, with buttons, blocking. I don't have photos yet of the baby in the sweater, but we'll see. If any turn up, I'll add them to this post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manly Muffin Why-nots

2017 in Review!

Facial Cyst--OW