Mom's Garnet Earrings

Original post date: 3/4/14

Awhile back, my mom gave me a large amount of broken jewelry of hers to repair. One of those pieces of jewelry was a long string of garnet beads (real garnet) that my father's stepfather had given her (this grandpa was a geologist). The string had broken and she had gathered as many beads as she could find. I restrung the necklace and brought it back, only for her to tell me she'd found six more beads. So, I offered her a pair of earrings to match the necklace, which she'd never had. She took me up on it.


My mom doesn't like dangly earrings all that much, so I had to come up with something simple and not too long, or she'd never wear it.


I opted on a simple cluster of three beads each.


I think they turned out rather nicely.


She was very happy with them, too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manly Muffin Why-nots

2017 in Review!

Facial Cyst--OW