Original post date: 2/18/14
This is a project I've had on again off again since I moved to the Frozen North. When I moved, I packed up all of my supplies in what I thought were impregnable boxes with dividers that would keep my beads separate. Boy was I wrong. My seed beads, the tiniest of them all, moved from their divisions (they didn't fall out of the box, thank goodness), and mixed themselves up.
Since then (over two years, nearly three), I have been sorting them by color and type. This is a very long, drawn out process, but it is a nice thing to do when I have nothing specific on my plate. I'm nearing the end, so I'm hopeful that this will be done very soon.
Yes, the pliers are there for a reason. I use them to pick out specific beads as my fingers are too clumsy to be effective.