Fingerstaches, Tardis Socks, & Chevron Hats

Originally posted 7/17/12:

I've been working on a few projects, but the first one up is actually from back in March, I think.


Lily Sugar'n Cream Scents (yes, it's scented) in Camomile.


Bernat Mosaic in Psychedelic.

I used the multicolored and peach yarns to make the following "fingerstaches" for my little sister.


The flat handlebar mustache before I connected the two ends.


I made her two.


I have it on good authority she loved them.



This yarn is actually my first handspun ever. As in I spun it myself with my drop spindle. It's extremely slubby, but what does one expect?


Plymouth Yarn Dreambaby DK Solid in 0109, otherwise known as Blue.


Plymouth Yarn Dreambaby DK Solid in 0100, or White.


Knit Picks Brava Worsted in Black.

The three yarns above are what I've been using to create the Tardis Socks. Yep, Tardis Socks! The black yarn above I had to buy because I stupidly traded away some black worsted yarn in the yarn swap. *sigh* Never doing that again. Keep your black yarn for patterns, kids!


Almost to the heel here.


Here is where I am now. I'm working on the gusset after having multiple issues with dropped stitches. The sea of blue started to bother me and make me go a bit cross eyed, so I began the next project... and am almost finished with it, already.


Knit Picks Chroma Worsted in Supernova.


This is the Tie Band Chevron Beret. It's starting to look deep enough so I'll begin the decrease pattern soon. Knitting with big yarn is such a relief after all the socks and their tiny yarns and tiny needles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manly Muffin Why-nots

2017 in Review!

Facial Cyst--OW