15 Things/People That Make Me Happy!

My cousin tagged me, so time for me to fess up to 15 things that make me happy, in no particular order!

1. My husband. It seems a cliche answer, but this past year and a half of marriage hasn't been that easy, with several unique and interesting challenges tossed our way that neither of us could have prepared for or expected. Through it all, he has proven to be the kindest, most loving, and bravest man I've ever met. He really steps up to whatever plate is put in front of him. Also, brainy is the new sexy, amiright? (It's not often I meet someone who can out-talk and out-think me on history and it's effect on the status quo and/or future, etc. You want a good discussion? He's your man. Except he's mine. No touchy.)

2. My home. Another cliche one, but not worrying--for the first time in my life--whether or not I'll be in the same home day to day is huge.

3. My amazing friends. I have surrounded myself with the most loving, challenging, and supportive group of people. They are my rocks and I would have sunk into the darkness of my own heart without them.

4. My family. They are loud, crazy, and make absolutely no sense. I wouldn't trade them for the world. It is through the battles I've fought with and alongside them that I have made the most growth.

5. Knitting. Oh the savior of my sanity and reason so many people are still alive. Not only is there something quite satisfying about making something with my own hands, but it gives me something to do when I'm waiting and/or have to sit still. Suddenly all that waiting and sitting time produces a tangible object instead of another level of Angry Birds (to each their own. I do also play Sudoku, though I'm not the best at it.)

6. My knitting group. They became an instant source of knowledge, skill, and humor for me.

7. Singing. Music does enrich my soul and creates a new and loving sort of bond with those who sing or play with me.

8. My BJDs are awesome, because they allow me to have little versions of my characters that I get to express my creativity on.

9. Financial stability. I don't need to be told how lucky I am. Two years ago, I wasn't so lucky and I had been doing better than I ever had in my life.

10. Chocolate. I looooove chocolate.

11. Kitties! Their adorable soft faces and the sounds of purrs! Stupid allergies.

12. RPGs! My mind is a crazier place than I ever knew, and it's only in my stories that I have learned how insane it is.

13. Ravelry.com for feeding my crafting addiction with free patterns and supportive forums... and I get to display my knitting, spinning, and crochet projects in one handy place!

14. Books for transporting me to new worlds and expanding my horizons.

15. Air conditioning. I don't think I need to say more on this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manly Muffin Why-nots

Facial Cyst--OW

2017 in Review!