Spring Has Sprung

Alright, time to catch up. February started off well with our first anniversary. We went to Tucanos for lunch, then went up to the Natural History Museum and had a lovely time there. That night, we went into SLC and had dinner at a tasty place called From Scratch (seriously, yum), and then enjoyed some comedy shows at the Off-Broadway Theatre. Life went back to normal for awhile, me sulking about the snow and my husband poking me until I stopped sulking.

We are having fun with our gaming group of friends and our callings are somewhere between strenuous and settling into something we can handle. I'm on my final leg of classes before graduation in June. Two more modules after the one I am on and I am free! I'm so gleeful about it right now, I can't say. My hardest trial is my "senior-itis." I am so ready to be done I've had to put my guard up, lest I mess up and lose my 4.0 GPA, or worse, have to retake a class. My husband seems to be doing fine at work and our ward is awesome. S'more cookouts... yeah. With spring, my mood has definitely lifted and I'm running around town and doing more. Being active is good. 

With the return of spring comes something else... the Gardening Bug. It seems my spouse has been infected with this Gardening Bug. It has caused him to see fit to appropriate his parents' gardening plot and a sizable plot from one of our ward friends' yard. And then a mysterious bag appeared on the coffee table. It had seeds. A few days later I found seedlings. Seedlings! In my house! But, no, ooohhhh no, the Gardening Bug wasn't done. There are words about a "strawberry hill" being built at the neighbors. Shoes and socks appear in the laundry covered in dirt and resilient to the strongest detergents (I had to give up on that battle; when enough socks are gone, I'm just buying him new ones. I'm also reevaluating knitting him any). Sunburns are happening on my poor afflicted spouse's neck every Saturday after he disappears for hours. He's talking about...cucumbers, watermelons, squashes, lettuces, tomatoes, and growing onions. Carrots, even! I'm afraid to turn my back lest another tray of seedlings reappear on the tile in our dining room. I know the Bug will eventually remove it's evil grip on the husband's mind, but not until winter! And then it will just sit there for a few chill months... waiting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manly Muffin Why-nots

2017 in Review!

Facial Cyst--OW