Wands and Pottersonas

I think it goes without saying that the Harry Potter books (and films) are amazing, so when J.K. Rowling put up her website Pottermore, I eagerly jumped on the bandwagon.


The picture above is my wand that Rosslyn fashioned for me to the specifications of the wand Ollivander's gave. My wand is Larch wood, 10 inches, Slightly Springy with a Unicorn hair core.

And, because you are all dying to know, I am a Gryffindor.

If you wish to find me on Pottermore, my username is MirrorCloak19399.

Due to this, my friends and I are contemplating a group costume as our Pottersonas, but American wizards. Ms. Rowling mentioned that the American school was called the Salem Institute, so we're speculating how such a place would be run, and what the fashions would be. Any wizard who had gone to America would most likely be more up with the times (only a century behind instead of several, for instance), and would not ignore the idea that a good gun would be apropos in a battle.

Pure speculation of course.

Comments

Shadrach Anki said…
The Salem Institute, huh? Does that mean it's most likely located in Salem, MA? ::contemplates::

That is a very spiffy wand. I still have the one Rosslyn made for me when she came to visit several years ago. Of course, it doesn't match my wand based on Pottermore, but that's okay.

Dressing up as Pottersonas sounds so fun! Maybe I'll work on that for Halloween this year.
Redoubt said…
elm, unicorn hair, 11", rather bendy. Slytherin :) HazelWalnut7772
Shadrach Anki said…
Just looked up my wand on Pottermore....

Spruce, 13.25", unyielding with a unicorn hair core. And I'm in Slytherin. SpiritCastle151 ^_^
adarhysenthe said…
Awesome, and I knew you'd get your Slytherin. ^_^
adarhysenthe said…
As far as the location, it's never specified, and we were thinking somewhere perhaps more remote.

Popular posts from this blog

Manly Muffin Why-nots

2017 in Review!

Facial Cyst--OW