Gardner Village: Girls' Day Out

Last month (I know, I'm way behind), me, Rosslyn, and a couple of my friends from my knitting group got together and drove up to Gardner Village, a charming shopping center that delighted in collectibles, crafting, and some of the best food in the Frozen North. 


We saw a mobile brick oven as we wandered about.


 They had a large, outdoor farmer's market that day, so toys and crafts were on display alongside tents and various foods. 


This man was making balloon animals, and I admired his rainbow colored outfit. It was clownish and fun. I do not mind the mismatch at all. He was a good sport.


We had some outdoor music as well. I cannot remember what they were playing, or in what genre.


Proof Rosslyn was there in seeing the back of her head. Heh. Kamille's, the shop in the photo, is the reason we four came. It is a yarn shop, with knitting and crochet patterns as well.


 The shop front and a nearby covered bridge. I cannot express the charm of this place enough. Everything was so lovely and old world.


Inside the yarn shop.


There was even a crochet nativity set. I giggled quite a bit about this.


Around the other side of Kamille's were these shops of eclectic and artsy clothing, mostly handmade.


Across the covered bridge, there were antique and sewing shops. This antique shop had a theme in the windows, which they seem to frequently change. This time it was Alice in Wonderland and all the dishes had "Eat Me" or "Drink Me" written on tags in calligraphy.



When we stopped by a few weeks later, the window had changed to a patriotic theme.


The view from the covered bridge, with ducks and geese.


And goslings.



Do not forget the goslings. 


Extremely protective parents, too. I did not go near those adorable chicks. I think they are Canadian geese.


And another goose, domesticated this time.


More shops.


This building was closed up and the man in the window is a reflection. I just liked the wooden structure. The whole place reminds me a bit of Knott's Berry Farm, the old west part.


They even have a shop entirely devoted to dolls. They did not have any BJDs, of course, but there were small items that would be good for Pukipukis.


Another shot of the yarn shop from the other side of the bridge. Lovely building, yes?


This little shop was full of fairy items and packets of glitter and sparkling things.



I can't tell if the girl or the mother had been more enchanted with it. I think the little girl saw the candy store (all in good time) at the end of the lane.


There was another shop of antiques that has since closed down. I think it and the fairy shop outside it were affiliated, so no more glitter fairy kisses. Fooey.


The sign near the door. Heh.


That gown was so ethereal hanging up there.


Rosslyn was flirting with a fan.


They had some handmade and vintage clothing in deep, rich colors.


You'd never think a red peacock cloak would work, but somehow they pulled it off.


And a mirrored triptych.


And then there was the candy shop.


They made their own chocolates and fudges, and there was mention of hand-pulled taffy at times, but there I might be misinformed, or misheard.


They had a ton of imports as well, and a rather extensive collection of European chocolates from Spain and the UK.


This really amused me. These are not M&Ms or jelly beans. These are color divided sixlets. Sixlets!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manly Muffin Why-nots

Facial Cyst--OW

2017 in Review!