Bad things are said to come in threes. After my stint in the hospital, I went back to work on Monday. Rosslyn drove me that day and the next, just in case my cramps reoccurred. When they didn't, I went out to my car in the morning on Wednesday to drive myself, happy to be back in the swing of things.

My car wouldn't start.

Yep. The battery was dead. It wasn't until today (Monday) that I got it fixed through the good graces of my wonderful bishop and a couple of the young men in the Elder's Quorum of my ward. Considering we had a storm all day, with uprooted trees and torrents of rain going on this whole time, they are pretty much golden in my book. They were given hot cocoa, of course. It was the least I could do, since they weren't able to stay and enjoy the warmth of the house and a good movie.

Darn weather. We were going to go caroling and I was going to run the choir. Without a ride, the latter wasn't going to happen and caroling is right out. Ah well, next week.

I'm actually looking forward to the coming week, even though the end of it isn't so much fun as exhausting. Friday and Saturday will be spent cleaning my mom's house to get it ready for Christmas, which means I need to stock up on Zyrtek and face masks to keep my allergies in check. Thankfully, Rosslyn offered to assist, so hopefully this will go more quickly. My dad is getting a big award Friday night and I'd be totally SOL if I didn't show. Meh.

Christmas season!!! Other than my job, I really love this time of year, even the bad weather. I didn't get as many hours as I'd been hoping I would; heck, even as I usually do. Sometimes I have to wonder if my employer is trying to force me to quit. I keep applying at other places hoping for a bite.

Comments

Shadrach Anki said…
*hugs* A good thing for you to look forward to...package in the mail! Priority mail, so it should arrive by the end of the week.
adarhysenthe said…
Yay for packages!!
Lyrax said…
I haz a present for you! But... I don't know if I'm going to visit soon or not. So I might just hang onto it for a while.
adarhysenthe said…
Yay, even more presents! That makes me feel better, that you both were thinking of me. I hope you can visit us soon, Lyrax!

Popular posts from this blog

Manly Muffin Why-nots

Facial Cyst--OW

2017 in Review!