Posts

Showing posts from November, 2014

Bead Sorting

Image
Original post date: 2/18/14

This is a project I've had on again off again since I moved to the Frozen North. When I moved, I packed up all of my supplies in what I thought were impregnable boxes with dividers that would keep my beads separate. Boy was I wrong. My seed beads, the tiniest of them all, moved from their divisions (they didn't fall out of the box, thank goodness), and mixed themselves up. 
Since then (over two years, nearly three), I have been sorting them by color and type. This is a very long, drawn out process, but it is a nice thing to do when I have nothing specific on my plate. I'm nearing the end, so I'm hopeful that this will be done very soon.

Yes, the pliers are there for a reason. I use them to pick out specific beads as my fingers are too clumsy to be effective.


Tardis Dress

Image
Original post date: 2/11/14

This past year, my husband and I decided to do a Doctor Who theme for Halloween. He opted for the tenth doctor...and I had options. I decided to be the eternal companion, the Tardis herself. I grabbed my two best friends, Camilla and Rosslyn, and we got started.
We took a dress of mine and used it for a base. I'll be honest right now and say that the drafting was done by Rosslyn, with assistance from Camilla, and the sewing was done by Camilla. I did the finishing (hemming and adding the eyelet lace) and ironing in between all the steps. In the end, I also managed to make a little fascinator that could light up! I ironed on the notice on the door, but you cannot really see it in the shots below, sorry.
Enjoy the photos!



Sister's Christmas Gift: Tardis Socks!

Image
Original post date: 2/4/14

Two years back, my sister asked me to make her Tardis socks after seeing the ones I had made myself. I finally buckled down and made them for her.






She got them on and they fit her feet, for which I was very glad. But the colorwork ended up being rather tight, so she had to fight to get them on. Still, she seemed mostly pleased with them and they do look very nice. I have got to work on my gauge when I do colorwork.

Christmas Stockings

Image
Originally posted on: 1/28/14

I mentioned these in my last post. This is the Holly Berry Roving, unwound from it's braid.

I started with this, pulled it apart for ease of drafting and began to spin.

I ended up with five very full spindles (the pictured amount is about half full), which became five small skeins of single ply yarn.

There's one of them. I prefer the look of single ply yarns, so I didn't want to ply it.

I don't have any in progress shots, but here's a good look at the finished product!

I made a lot of them. At least ten.