Timpanogos Cave

Almost a month ago, my boyfriend took me up to Timpanogos Cave. The hike was beastly for me, not long, just up and up and owww.... I did get altitude sickness, went from red to pale, and we sat for a bit. It was a hard hike. I survived and the cave itself--technically there were three caves we visited, Hanson's Cave, Middle Cave, and Timpanogos Cave--was nearly freezing. I loved it. I discovered I'm not claustrophobic. I am, however, jumpy.

We bought waterbottles at the bottom of the mountain and when mostly full, these steel bottles make a weird noise. In the cave, behind one's ear, it sounds like a bat. The guide was giving a tour and my boyfriend took a drink behind me. I gasped loudly and ducked--last thing I wanted was a bat in my hair. No one else moved, and I looked behind me to see my boyfriend giving me this perplexed look and lowering his drink. Yeah, kinda embarrassing.

I don't have any pictures from inside the cave, but later we went further up the canyon to see this idyllic spot, so enjoy the picture spam:









Comments

Redoubt said…
I love the Timp caves. Did the guide point a laser at the crystals? It's so awesome!
adarhysenthe said…
No she didn't. Fooey.

Popular posts from this blog

Manly Muffin Why-nots

Facial Cyst--OW

2017 in Review!